Cermitas Pork Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time : 7-8 hours / Total Time: 8.2 hours
- 1 Cemita bun (or high fat bun)
- ¼ cup of Mexican pulled pork
- 3-4 pounds of pork shoulder roast
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers, sliced into strips
- ½ small avocado
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 tbsp chopped papalo (or cilantro)
- 2 tbsp of NUCO Coconut Vegan Mayo
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Remove excess fat from pork. (the big parts.)
- Place all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for about 7-8 hours until pork can be pulled apart easily with a fork.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and preheat the broiler.
- Shred the pork and place in on the baking sheet.
- Pour the sauce from the crock pot over.
- Broil meat turning once and pull out quickly after caramelization.
Preparing the Cemitas
- Split the bun in half
- Add ½ of adobo sauce to each bun.
- Add ½ of NUCO Coconut Vegan Mayo to each bun.
- Add chipotle peppers to bottom bun
- Add Pork to bottom bun.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the top bun.
- Wrap tightly, slice and serve!