Purple Vegan Monster Cupcakes
PREP TIME: 1 hr / TIME: 25 min / TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 25 min
Ingredients: SERVINGS: 6 CUPCAKES
- 1/3 Cup NUCO Original PCO
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Cacao Powder or Cocoa
- ¾ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Cup baked and Mashed Purple Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp Coconut milk
- Green Grapes
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Coconut sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the dates and water on high until smooth.
- Add the rest of the cupcake ingredients. Blend/process to form a thick batter.
- Divide between 6-8 muffin cups lined with paper liners or lightly oiled.
- Bake for 25 mins at 350F.
- Remove from the oven. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a food processor (works better than a blender for this), combine the mashed purple sweet potato and agave syrup. Process while slowly adding the milk until thick and smooth. This may take a while to get it really smooth. You can add a little coconut flour to help make it thicker.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting on each cupcake. Dab with your knife or spoon to create a “fur” effect.
- Top with coconut shavings.
- Slice the grapes in half. You can cut these to make mouths also. Insert a mini chocolate chip into the center of each. Place on top of the cupcakes.
- Enjoy! Tastes the best the day of making.