Spicy Roasted Yams with Pumpkin Sauce
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time: 35 min / Total Time: 50 min
Ingredients: Makes (4) Servings
- 2 Tbsp NUCO Original premium coconut oil
- 2 Large yams or sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 1/2 Tsp Red pepper, ground
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- Handful cilantro, minced
LIME PUMPKIN SEED SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp NUCO original premium liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup Light coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Agave nectar
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Toss yams with agave syrup, NUCO coconut oil, and grounded red pepper flakes. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spray a baking pan with NUCO Buttery coconut oil spray and place yams cut side down.
- Place tray in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until yams are fork tender and well browned on all sides. Half way through the time flip yams to other side.
- While yams are roasting, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Place sauce in the refrigerator and allow to cool.
- To serve sweet potatoes, transfer to a serving platter, drizzle liberally with sauce and garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve warm.
- Remaining sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.