SHRIMP TACOS W/BACON SLAW (GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO)
Ditch the corn and flour tortillas and wrap your tacos with out grain-free coconut wraps! These Shrimp Tacos with Bacon Slaw gives a hint of the sea and the deliciousness of the familiar taco taste.
- 1lb large raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined (remove shells and veins)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bacon slices
- cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ½ cubed avocados
- limes wedges
- 1 NUCO Original Coconut Wrap
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and saut(e) on a pan on medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Drain in a paper towel, and set aside to cool.
- Chop cilantro leaves roughly and add it into a mixing bowl. Also add the bacon, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Combine by stirring and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the shrimp, olive oil, and remaining spices. Combine by tossing.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and cook the shrimp on each side for 1-2 minutes. You may also choose to grill the shrimp.
- With your coconut wrap start assembling your taco by adding pieces of shrimp, a spoonful of slaw, and slices of avocado.